Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Pocketscope

Just picked up my second otoscope / opthalmoscope kit today for the physical exam course. I’ve had to borrow one for the last couple of days since mine just up and walked off.

I’d bought one from an upperclassman last semester for $130 but it mysteriously disappeared last week somewhere between class and home. I think someone stole it while I was at the library, but I can’t be sure. I may have just gone off and left it somewhere. Not that I normally do that sort of thing.

I’m usually very careful with expensive stuff like tools and equipment. This time I just wasn’t paying attention.

Anyway, I was able to pick up a second Welch Allyn from a friend of my roommate for $150. It’s in better shape than my first one, but I could almost buy a new kit for what I’ve spent so far.

This one is not leaving my sight. I may chain it to my wrist.

No comments: